Dates: Monday nights, January 5 - February 16
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Place: Upper Arlington Public Library, Meeting Room B (in basement), Upper Arlington, Ohio
This 7-week class, taught by Richard Lombard, will help you better understand your neighbor, co-worker, client, friend, or family member who may be from a country and/or may hold to a belief system that is different from yours. This class explains the concept of a worldview and explores six of the world's major belief systems - Atheism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism.
As we explore worldviews, we will address the following questions:
- Are all religions basically the same?
- Do all religions believe in the same God, but refer to him by different names?
- Do all religions lead to God?
January 5 – Introduction to worldviews and the concept of truth
January 12 – Atheistic worldviews – Atheism & Secular Humanism (class starts at 6:30)
January 19 – Monotheistic worldviews - Judaism
January 26 – Monotheistic worldviews - Christianity
February 2 – Monotheistic worldviews - Islam
February 9 – Pantheistic worldviews - Hinduism and Buddhism
February 16 - Pluralism and your worldview
How to sign up for the class:
You may sign up in one of two ways:
- Send an email message to WorldviewU.
- Join the class via Meetup.com. If you aren't a current Meetup member, you'll need to create an account. Then, search for the "Worldviews Class in Upper Arlington" meetup. Finally, RSVP for each "Let's Learn About Worldviews" class.
We hope you can join us!